Friday, May 2, 2008

Roxanne.

As Ally can tell you, I have been obsessed with this song for the past couple of days. So bad that I asked several teachers to let me play it during class. =)
One said yes!

I love it. In case you are like me, who can't hear everything they say in songs and end up having to look up the lyrics, it's about a prostitute. (haha. I think we are seeing a trend here... remember Lola?) Well, actually it's about a guy who is dating this prostitute named Roxanne and he's begging her to stop being a prostitute becasue they are now in a relationship. I dunno. I think it's kind of sweet in a weird, agitated way (I don't know why I put that word in there, but I like it, so it stays.) Anyways, the point is that I like this song. =)

2 comments:

A said...

You should also look up "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" by Sting which is one of my favorite songs of all time. I love the line, "You could say I've lost my faith in politicians/they all seem like game show hosts to me."

Other great ones:

Message In A Bottle (The Police)
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic (The Police)
Don't Stand So Close To Me (The Police, creepy subject matter & lyrics but fun song)
Fields of Gold (Sting, sooo pretty)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE every little thing...and I think I've heardf Fields of Gold and Message in a Bottle..but I'm not sure...