Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm Supposed To Be Doing My Homework.

So, update on my procrastination techniques. I painted my nails today. No, you don't understand why that is funny. So, let me enlighten you. About a year ago, everytime Ally would talk to me, I would say, "Guess what I'm doing?" and the answer would always be, "I'm painting my nails." It got to the point of when I would say, "Guess what I'm doing?", she would say, "What color?" Then, I would say whatever color that I happened to be applying to my nails at the moment. Blue, pink, green, purple, various shades of the colors previously mentioned, orange, etc. This lasted about 6 months, until I got bored with it. Or was it that I couldn't wear electric green to my relative's wedding? I can't remember. I think it clashed with my dress.

Well, the only reasons I paint my nails are because 1.) I bite my nails and I don't when they are painted; 2.) I love looking at my PAINTED nails (sounds sketchy, but you try it sometime. They are lovely.); 3.) My nails GROW!!!!; 4.) They are a good defense mechanism; and 5.) why do you even need a fifth, those are reason enough.

So, I've started up again. I don't know how many colors I am going to go through this time, but I've started out with a fire engine red. I'm thinking purple next. A dark, mysterious purple. Yes, that'll do nicely.

=)

8 comments:

A said...

That's my favorite post that you've ever written.

Ally :)

Miss Snow said...

Thank you. Mine too. :)I've already put it in my fav posts list. =)

jacques du'loque said...

You should start inventing your own colors. Paint your nails an orangish-purple. (Note: this doesn't equal brown. I mean purple with an undersplash of orange.)

This comment, though, is just a token "you've been linked!" sort of thing.

Chau.

Miss Snow said...

Purplish-orange, huh? Well, then. Could I make make off of it? That would be AWESOME. patent nail colors. SWEET!!

Alex said...

I liked that post too. Also, your abel is pretty hilarious.

And a practical solution to your color-choice dilemma is to make them striped with both colors!

=]
Alex

Q said...

Paint your nails with patterns involving pilka-dotted and striped socks, and your toenails with duckies. For me.

Miss Snow said...

Alex: Yes, I thought of it as a secret message. You know, only the people who pay attention can find it. So, you get a gold star today. YAY!! =)

Rayne: I can do the pilka-dots and striped nails, but there might be a problem with the toenails. First off, my artistic talents go up to being able to draw stick people and that's about it. So, duckies might be next to impossible. It'll look like a banana threw-up on my foot. Also, as flexible as I used to be. I can't even touch my toes anymore. and with such detail as ducks.....um....can you say chiropractor?

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory