Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Words, Words, Good for the Brain, The more you know.......Crap!

Okay, so in English class, We are reading Edgar Allan Poe stuff. And I had a distant appreciation of him BEFORE we started reading them in class. Now, I'm like WTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Have you ever read The Fall of The House Of Usher? Well, the vocabulary in it is INTENSE! (shout out to Ally: you should read it, it has some good (evil and complicated, but good) words in it).

And by using the level of vocabulary it does, it confuzzes the HELL out of me! I mean, I consider myself to have a somewhat advanced level of vocabulary; that, by the way, I use on a regular basis (you know, I'm the nerd in class using the word fabricate and erudite (Now, I know it's not Shakespeare level, but if you think about it, normal people DON'T use those words)). And now, after having read this story, I feel rather dumb. Which, makes me a tad morose.

Now, I know what you're thinking. She just used all of these elaborate words; whose going to have the guts to tell her she spelled confused wrong? Don't worry guys, I know I spelled it wrong. But, I coined a way to spell that word. Confuzzed. I like that. So, I've started using that way of spelling it, but now I have a problem. I can't remember how to spell it the correct way. Yes, I know what you're thinking and I did, in fact, have to go look up how to spell said word.


Anyways, that's my rant on spelling. Have a Nice Day! ;-)

2 comments:

A said...

Yeah, we're reading Poe in English, too. You're right, it does have some good vocab, albeit depressing. I think Morgan summed it up the best when she said, "You know, if Poe were alive today he would totally be emo."

And you saw the Poe action figure and onesie in one of my posts from a few days back, right? HILARIOUS.

Ally :)

Miss Snow said...

It was funny. And Morgan's right! WooHoo!!! =)