Saturday, March 29, 2008

Finally.

OKay, I finally have a story worth blogging. And it's a good un.

Characters you must know Before the story:

~Do you remember Stephanie? No, you don't. I was not talking about Stephanie Plum. I was talking about the wonderful lady, whom I'd love to call my second mom, but really she's like one of my girlfriends. She is perfectly wonderful. Period. She has a little boy, whom we'll call Georgie.
~I thought I wrote about Angelique Kidjo. But, I can't find my post. So, I'll recap. She is a famous singer from Benin. She even won a Grammy Award. She's internationally acclaimed.

So now you know the characters, here's the story:

Friday Night, I went to the concert of Angelique Kidjo. It was THE most fun I have ever had at a concert. She came out in this patterened-African-style-vesty-shirt-thing and peach-colored satin pants and sang this passionate song that almost made you uncomfortable because she was so into it. She sang a couple more songs and then went back stage.

She was gone for about ten minutes and when she came back, the only wardrobe change was her top. I figured out that the reason why she stayed so long was so each player in her band would be able to play his solo. I thought that was wonderful.

She did some more songs and walked through the crowd once. Then she said she wanted some people on stage with her and Stephanie looks at me and says "Go!" I was like.um. I don't want to. Then, Stephanie links arms with me and drags me up on stage. Ms. Kidjo did a mainly instrumental piece, and we were all up on stage dancing. She went around to a couple of people on stage and danced with them-I was one of the lucky who got to dance with her.

Then the percussionist came out in front and would do little solo's for the people on stage. He would do a beat (with, of course, a basic song playing inthe background) as Ms. Kidjo went went through the group on stage, picking people to do solo dances in front. When she got to Stephanie and I, she looked at both of us and Stephanie pointed to me. I shook my head no! and Ms. Kidjo smiled,nodded her head yes, took my arm and led me to the front. *I couldn't believe it. Here I am, surrounded by a hundred and fifty poeple, about to dance for all I was worth, to the beat of a drummer. Oh Shit!* And I did too. I got a big round of applause after I shook what my momma gave me. (And everyone knows I didn't get much) When he stopped beating that drum, I ran back to Stephanie so fast, it must have seemed like I was running from a fire. She wrapped me in a hug a told me I looked great up there.

Now, I am shy...after meeting me and knowing me, I am not. In fact, I'm kind of loud and obnoxious. But, when first meeting someone, or if I have to get on stage (unprepared) or speak in front of the class, I am extremely shy. So, this feat of getting me on stage and Dancing in front of a crowd is no accomplishment to go unrecognized. *Stephanie, you are awesome. And I had so much fun. Thank you.*

It was the scariest, most thrilling, and simply wonderful thing I have done in a long time. It was just a cool experience all together.





12 comments:

K. said...

When I was younger, I used to fantasize about being on stage with the Spice Girls. Thank goodness I grew out of that phase.

I could NEVER do something like that. I'm not necessarily shy... Just inhibited. Plus, I'm a horrendous dancer. HORRENDOUS.

Sounds like fun though. =)

Anonymous said...

It was fun. But I am a horrendous dancer too. I must have looked retarted up there. Maybe that's why they clapped for me. hmmm..=)

Q said...

WOW! COOL!
But I bet you're better dancers than I am, at any rate. Shudders all around the poker table.

Anonymous said...

Ahaha. I think we should all put on a concert. It might be the first time in history that an entire audience walks out on the act. (and my momma would be in that crowd too) =)

Just a girl said...

Wow. You sound like me, I'm shy like that too. But I'm very impressed that you "shook what your mama gave you" in front of all those people! That's awesome.

I love Stephanie Plum, too. Janet Evanovich is hilarious.

x
Just a girl

Anonymous said...

wow, how many of the plum novels have you read? I love them. Anyone will tell you. It's kind of sad. Most of my posts deal with her in some way, shape , or form. I'm up to number nine. ANd I haven't been able to read anymore. Stupid school...

Just a girl said...

Actually, I've only read one of the Plum novels, number 2, and half of the 11th one. Yes, I know, I'm all over the shop - I discovered her by accident, and as it stands those are the only two books of hers I have. I should definately borrow or buy some more and read in order!

I am intrigued by your name, which I love, "miss snow," as one who uses a pseudonym herself. Why Miss Snow? Does it have anything to do with Snow White? The snow? I love the snow, incidentally, although I rarely see it, living in Australia but not in the mountains.

x
Just a girl

Anonymous said...

Well, yes my pseudonym has a meaning to it. I wonder if I should do a post about it. Naw. It would be REALLY short. No big deal. My name miss snow is: Snow because that happens to be my middle name and Miss because well I am one. haha. So yay. Does yours mean anything or is it just as it is? Is there a story behind it?

Just a girl said...

Wow. Snow is your middle name? That's really cool! Is that your mother's maiden name or just a name? My name doesn't really have a story, it basically is what it is (I know, how boring!) All I mean by it is that I'm just me, I'm just a girl. who's true to herself (or tries to be.)

Plus it has a great abreviation: JAG.

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

I love the abbreviation. and Snow was my grandmothers middle name. So yeah....

Just a girl said...

You could always be MS, which is kind of funny. But also kind of not. ;-)

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

Haha. no, then people would make fun of me. And I already have enough things that people mke fun of me for, don't need another one.

=)