Monday, December 24, 2007

Why Was I Watching This?

So, last night my Parental Units watched this CRAZY/WEIRD/ODD/SLIGHTY DISTURBING movie on ion. (Which, I am not a fan of the station anyways, so what do I care?) But, as bizarre and funky as this movie was, you couldn't pull away from it. It was like watching a car wreck; you just can't stop. And I think if I was able to see the whole thing from start to finish, I would like the movie. Which is a very frightening thought.

The movie is called The Hogfather, (yes, you read right; The Hogfather) it was about...well... I came in kind of late, so I'm not really sure what the plot line was. Let me find a synopsis and then, you can find out for yourself whether this is a blockbuster hit or a movie that burns your eye sockets and scars you for life.

Synopsis:
In the city of Ankh Morpork, most important city on the Discworld, it is Hogswatch - a midwinter festival of celebration and gift-giving which might remind you of quite another holiday on another world entirely (Christmas for the educationally challenged). The Hogfather - a jolly fat man, dressed in red - is distributing presents from his flying sleigh and all the children wait to hear trotter-beats on the roof. But this Hogswatch, they may have to wait a while... Someone, or something, wants the Hogfather out of the way. And if you're an anthropomorphic personification, you can't be helped by humans - but perhaps a, shall we say 'colleague', could assist. So, Death (voiced by Ian Richardson), his manservant Albert (Sir David Jason) and his granddaughter Susan (Michelle Dockery) set out to save the day, er, night. But while they're doing that, the redoubtable Mr. Teatime (Mark Warren) of the Guild of Assassins and his team, which includes, the inept student wizard Mr. Sideney (Nigel Planer) and the man-mountain Banjo (Stephen Marcus) set in motion a devious plan which means much, much more than just the end of Hogswatch.
[edited to fit my blog]

Anyways, I think the ending has a deeper meaning, but I missed too much of the move to grasp it.

Oh, and by the way, this movie is based off the book The Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.

And if you are one of the three people who think this should have been a blockbuster hit (don't worry I think the movie was good(that is to say, what I watched was good)), then you can find the whole movie on youtube, just type in the Hogfather, and look for the entry that says The Hogfather Part 1 of 22. Yes, it's a lOOOOOng movie.

So, there it is. Ally, I don't think you'll like this movie, but it's always good to know how kooky people are.

The Hogfather. Go for it.

Credit:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765458/synopsis by Pat Harkin
http://www.youtube.com/

2 comments:

A said...

Wow...that sounds special.

Hey, we still need to get together and watch "Breakfast At Tiffany's"!
I'm not watching it without you. I'm serious.

Let me know a day when you're free. Or night. We could make it a sleepover thing. Or not. Whatever.

Ally :)

Miss Snow said...

oooooh sounds grezt. okay. Ill ask my mom. and get back to you.