Monday, December 31, 2007

Poetry.

There is a friend of mine, who I'm not sure if she would mind if I use her name, so we'll call her Celina for now. She had an away message that I thought was beautiful. It said:

How can everything be that much different than it was just three years ago today...

I thought that line was pure poetry. I don't know, it hit a chord with me. Change is all about us, and as much as I hate it, it can't be stopped. Yes, I'm talking about the good 'ole days, when things were much simpler. In the ____ years since middle school, I have changed so much. As have my friends. I miss those days when I got to see my best friends everyday. Now, don't misunderstand me, I have a few very good friends and maybe even a few best friends, but never will anyone be as close to me as were my friends back in middle school and late elementary school. I miss those wonderful people.

They've changed too. Become more distant from me. I don't know them anymore. I used to be able to pick out their Christmas presents blind folded, now it would take a hundred candles and a cheat sheet. It's sad really. I miss my friends and I miss the "old" days.

Don't worry, I'm not overly sad. I'll survive. It's just walking down memory lane can be a sad and some what painful thing. I think I'm like this because we were watching Jane Eyre,which is a sad and creepy movie (and romantic, that's the best part), but I like it very much. I'll give you a synopsis later. Remind me. It's late and I'm tired. Later. (By the way, the post time is true)

2 comments:

K. said...

Hi, I read this blog.

Tee hee hee.

Okay, so I've met (if you can call cyber-stalking meeting) Ally and Alex... Have I come full circle?

Keep writing and I'll keep reading and commenting. =)

Miss Snow said...

Wow, nice to "meet" you K. It's good to hear from you. Glad your interested in my blog.