Sunday, November 4, 2007

Adult Pleasures = Hooping

Have you ever heard of Hooping? It's a sport. Well, sort of. It's hula-hooping, but special. What you do is you buy that big roll of ploy tubing usually used for irrigation. Then buy multi-colored electrical tape. Then, well, the intructions are better here: http://www.jasonunbound.com/hoops.html

The point is, is that you make your own, specific to you. The height is important because you measure the tubing out so the hoop touches between your belly-button and the top of your chest. Then, you get to show off your creative skills and decorate it with electrical tape.

I went to a hooping party last night. It was amazing. It started @ 7:30 and didn't end until 11:30. Well, I ended up staying over the whole night, but that's not important to the hooping story. We made our hoops and decorated them, that took a while. At about 9:30, we (like seven people total) went outside, with a boom-box playing the Pussycat Dolls, and in the middle of the street we started hooping. We stayed out there for 2 hours hooping. It was a whole lot of fun. I'm amazed that we didn't wake the neighbors. Today, I have bruises (not visible though) on my waist. My friends have bruises that are visible on their hips and arms. And that makes me laugh; who ever thought hula-hooping could cause bodily harm? But, it was worth it.

So, get on the internet, and look up hooping, it's cool. There are a lot of hooping videos on YouTube. There are a ot of REALLY talented people out there. So, I say you make one, it's fun. You won't be dissapointed, I promise.


Just to show you how cool some of the videos are, here's a very cool one (it's a little dirty, but she's extremely talented):



Ever consider hooping with fire?


And did you know you can use LED lights to light your hoop, too?



I hope these videos have inspired you. GO HOOPING!!

2 comments:

A said...

Hey, glad you figured the video thing out! And I know we talked about your night earlier, but I was just reading the part about bruises and I had the thought: If you can't see a bruise, is it a bruise? Or just a sore spot? Stick that in a pipe and smoke it and then get back to me on that.

Also, "Adult Pleasures = Hooping" sounds like a Spice Channel special feature. It amuses me.

Ally :)

Miss Snow said...

Yea. I was going for dirty. It's a little known fact that people respong better to things that sound dirty, but aren't. So I figured, since hula-hooping is a childhood memory thing, might as well make it dirty. =) AND I think that it's bruised tissue, so it's still a bruise. So there HA!!