Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mellow. NASA.

Today is Mellow Day. Not Nationally, just Me-ly. =)
I'm listening to Bubbly by Colbie Caillat. That's a great song. It's good for Mellow Day today.

Ooo! Did you hear?
OKay before I tell you, you have to understand something about me, I am a nerd and a dork. Now, before you get all freaked out, thinking oh crap! we have another depressive person on the internet, let me explain. To me the words: dork, nerd, and geek; all have separate meanings. Ready?

Nerd-One who is smart and intelliegent, and/or one who strives for excellence. (positive)
Dork-One who does things differently than the Barbie/PopTart norm. (positive)
Geek-An extreme between the two. (negative)

Since you know my definitions. NOW, I can tell you.
NASA has a satalite/probe thing taking data from Saturn. And they have heard noises coming from the big planet. They know the noises are occurring during the lightning storms. They aren't quite sure what the noises are (probably lightning...); but they do know they are from electron emissions (or something to that effect; I'm writing this from memory, so don't quote me).

Now, I find this fascinating. And special shout-out to Ally:
Can you believe you have such a nerdy person as a friend? =)

Anyways, that was my rave to NASA! YAY! Go NASA!!

Maybe more when I find something more interesting to the general public to write about. Don't wait up, this might take a while.

2 comments:

A said...

"They know the noises are occurring during the lightning storms. They aren't quite sure what the noises are (probably lightning...)"

Wow, they're really geniuses over there at NASA, huh?

NASA dude #1: What's that sound we keep hearing during the lightning storm?

NASA dude #2: Well, I'm not sure, Bob, but I think it might be lightning.

It's like wow, I'm really glad our tax dollars our going towards the earth-shattering discovery that lightning makes sounds.

Not to hate on NASA or anything - I respect what they do - but you know me and space. Not a good match. Total snore fest in my opinion. You know, unless Jake Gyllenhaal suddenly got shot up to the moon. Then I'd be all, "When and where does the next rocket launch because I AM GOING TO BE ON IT."

Haha. I love you girl, even if you are a space nerd/dork!

Ally :)

Miss Snow said...

That's funny. And gurl you know that was just me decifering the complicated reports on what they've discovered. Lemme tell you, it's harder than it looks. So, don't hate. =) luv sent your way. btw, im listeing to bones by the killers rite now. I love that song. it's my favorite of the killers. woohoo! catchcha later. =)