Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's Mechanical Pencil Eraser!

So, I was looking at this guy's blog. It's called Mechanical Pencil Eraser. It's REALLY funny. He had this extremely random survey on it. One of the questions was:

10. How many pairs of shoes does the average necromancer keep in his wardrobe?
His answer was: One, if that.

I was like, okaaay... So, In order for me to actually answer that question for myself, I had to go and look the word up.

And the entry for Dictionary.com was:

nec·ro·man·cy-
1. a method of divination through alleged communication with the dead; black art.
2. magic in general, esp. that practiced by a witch or sorcerer; sorcery; witchcraft; conjuration.


So that got me thinking. What is the significance of shoes and a necromancer; why would a nercomancer have a different number of shoes than anybody else in the world?

Then I thought: How did Alex know what the hell a necromancer was? Is that one of those words that everybody should/does know?
OR: How did he know how to answer that question? Did he look up the word, or am I just the loser, who had to look it up?
OR: Am I looking way to far in to this subject and should just SHUT UP?

Anways, that's my rant and english issue for the day. (I think.)

Go and Check it out:
http://www.mechanical-pencil-eraser.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

A said...

Yeah, I enjoy Alex's blog, too. And regarding that particular post, I liked the question about the ax-wielding man and being buried alive. Too funny.

Ally :)

Miss Snow said...

I know, he has good answers. Those questions were crazy. But, very entertaining. =)

Alex said...

I just have a big vocabulary =]

My reasoning was that if someone's profession was telling fortunes through dead people, they probably were not exactly rolling in money to buy umpteen number of pairs of shoes.

Thanks for the publicity. Always appreciated. =]

-Alex

Miss Snow said...

AHAHA!!! That's good reasoning! Sweet! =)