Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Weak Side.

At the moment, I am drawing. Which, I don't do very often; and when I do, I expect full support from everyone around me. As is with writing poetry. Personally, I think I write very good poetry. Sure, it needs a little work, but what doesn't? I expect anyone who is listening to my poetry to sit there contently, and when I am finished I will allow you as many compliments as you want, and after that, you are allowed ONE negative/editing statement. That's it, no more. If you choose not to use up your free token of negativity, then you can use it to buy a pair of lederhosen later.

But, as you know, that system only exists in fantasy. So, I am stuck here allowing anyone to say anything they wish. It is a free country after all. Go ahead, say whatever you are thinking in that brain of yours. I won't stop you.

Now, understand. I do not mind editorial comments on my writing skills. Everyone knows I am not a good writer. I don't even like writing. Well, I do, but only when I'm not being graded on some screwed-up scale that measures how many times you used figurative language in a sentence. English is not my strong point. I am 100% a math and science nerd. And proud of it.

You know, one day I might put up some poetry, just to see who does what to it. It'll be a free for all. Like my very own peace treaty. I don't know. I'm still mulling it over.

2 comments:

jacques du'loque said...

I am looking forward to this with an inordinate amount of excitement. Apologies duly rendered in advance.

Anonymous said...

Oh-Kay. I think I might put it up, but not today.