Monday, January 28, 2008

Potatoes.

Yes, you read right. I said potatoes. What are you going to do about it?

At the moment, I am trying to ascertain the answers to four or five impossible Pre-Calculus problems from hell. She does them in class and they look easy, but NO they're not. They just sit there on the page, laughing maniacally at you, while you punch into your calculator every possible number arrangement that exists, only to come up with 26 when the answer is 367. And then you get to class and she works them out for you and you're like "oHHHHH!" (And you feel rather dumb). THEN, to make matters worse, she says, "These are so easy, why can't you get them?" And you think she is asking a rhetorical question, but then you realize that she isn't, so you mumble something until she is satisfied with whatever (small amount of) answer that actually reaches her ears. And she's like, "We'll do some more later." And you think GREAT! (While you cry silently). Anyways that's my rant on pre-calculus.

Now for more happier news. Um...Oh! I am reading a new book. Actually I have four books all lined up for me to read. I am excited. The one I'm reading now is a biography of Audrey Hepburn. It's called Enchantment The Life of Audrey Hepburn* by Donald Spoto. And for anyone who knows me, this is/should come as no surprise. I love Audrey Hepburn. She is wonderful. (Ally, we HAVE to watch Breakfast At Tiffany's one weekend. It is a must.) Anyways, I figured since I love her so much, I should read her biography. At the moment, it is boring. (And as Tori pointed out, most biographies are, but I resolve to stick with it.) And also, I haven't even gotten to the point of her birth. That might be why it is so boring; she doesn't even exist yet. (Shows how slow I read. I just don't have time, otherwise I would probably be done with it by now.)

The next book I am going to read is, the third Nancy Drew novel. I know, I know, lame. When I was younger, I tried to read the first one and did not like it. But, for some strange reason, I like them now. I have only read the first one, and the book store didn't have the second, so I went for the third. I am told you don't have to read these books in order. Which is good.........

Next is a book called Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy. I want to say the author is Ally Carter, but don't quote me on that. It's the sequel of a book about a girl who is attending a private school, but it's for spies and such. (Called I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You.) I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was cute. Not sure what the sequel is about, I guess I will have to find out. I actually do not have said book in my possession because it has yet to come out in paperback. And it's not the kind of book one would want in hardback.

And finally, whenever my parental unit gets around to retrieving the book from the office. I am going to read the ninth Stephanie Plum novel. YAY! (If you are a late reader of my blog, go to earlier posts and you can get the synopsis of these books.)

_____________________________________________________________
(*big surprise there.)
(P.S. Sorry du-Loque, I had to steal your star thing. Just for this one time. The post wouldn't look right if it was next to the wordage. Lo siento.)

2 comments:

A said...

Maybe this weekend for our movie night? Let me know.

Ally :)

Miss Snow said...

Definitely. Let me ask though. Haha. =)