Monday, January 28, 2008

A Story to Make You Giggle. (Hopefully)

Not sure how funny this will be. In fact, it might be a "you had to be there" story, but I will do my best, so all parties not present may enjoy. Here goes:

My lunch table has very interesting conversations. In fact, if you are under the age of eight, you must stop reading this immediately. One day we got on the subject of our teachers, and it all went downhill from there. We were saying how a couple of our teachers have kids our age, but they don't look like they should. Our history teacher, for example, looks like she's 29, but her kids are our age, and she's actually like forty-something. Our chemistry teacher has white hair, but has kids our age. We said, she should be a grandma.

A said, "She should have just skipped over the mother process and become a grandma."

Then K pointed out, "That's not possible."

To this A said, "They could have been made in a Petri dish." (Side note, this is amusing because it's our chemistry teacher. In case you missed that.)

So, I joined in, "The kids made in the Petri dish would still be her children."

A said, "Well then, inside the Petri dish, the eggs could make eggs and then those new eggs would be her grandkids."

I said, "That doesn't work because the second eggs don't exist until AFTER the KIDS go through puberty." (Not pointing out that you also need sperm, preferably not sperm of a relative (i.e. a brother or something made in the Petri dish also.))

A said, "Well, they could be mutated."

I said, "THAT doesn't work either."

A pleaded, "Couldn't you have let me have just that one?"

A little while later...

C comes over and is leaning on my lunch box, saying how squishy it is.
I say, "Well, what if you were squishing something in there?"
C: "Am I?"
Me: "No."
Then, M moves my lunch box and puts her open salad dressing packet where my lunch box was. Naturally, C leans down on that. Orange stuff squirts out EVERYWHERE. We start laughing because A points out that it looks like vomit. Then, she goes on to say that it looks like her dog's vomit. And finally, she says that once her dog vomited near her bed and now there is a green stain where is occured. At this point, grape soda is spewing out of M's nose and mouth and has covered a nice portion of our table. Needless to say, she runs and gets napkins and cleans it up. But, that was one of the funniest lunches I have ever been present at.

2 comments:

A said...

I just want to clarify that I'm not "A." Because I love Ashley and all, but I don't think I would ever make that weird petri dish argument.

Ally :)

Miss Snow said...

OH! Oops! Sorry gurl. Didn't mean to get that one Confused. And I think readers would figure that if it was you, I would have used ally. But in case they were dumb, it's good to clarify.